As with any location-based service, it’s important that you use common sense when interacting with people online.
- You should not share or disclose your password with any third party – even if they are your friend. If you lose your password or give it out, your personal data may be compromised. If your profile was hacked, please report it to our team via our feedback page
- Always be careful with giving out personal information if you don't know a new person well yet. This includes disclosing your email address, instant messenger details, full name and URLs.
- Also be sure to never share your financial information, such as your credit card details.
- Be especially aware of people claiming to be a representative of our company or other companies and who are asking you to pay or delivery of a prize or service that is not offered directly on the "Bark - Your Dog's Social Life" mobile application or website. Please also be extremely cautious about people claiming to be in trouble and needing financial assistance – these are almost always hoaxes.
- Don’t use a controversial or provocative username – this could attract the wrong kind of attention. We recommend using your first name only.
If you come across any inappropriate behaviour, click on the report abuse link and this immediately alerts our team. There is also a block member function if you ever feel uncomfortable with other members or exchanges. Don’t put up with abuse or harassment – block the user or report them to our support team.
We aim to deal with these matters as quickly as possible and a detailed management system is in place to monitor and quality control this aspect.
More safety tips can be found at Get Safe Online.
Tips for meeting up offline
- Validate with the fellow dog owner that the aggressiveness is valid.
- If the dog is aggressive proceed with caution and only if the dog is wearing a harness.
- Always clean up after your dog.
- If a user misbehaves report the user from within the app.
- If the dogs data are not valid (breed, aggressiveness) report the user from within the app.
- It can be useful to come prepared with an excuse to leave if you feel the meeting is not going well, that way you get out with a minimum of fuss.